Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar Housing and Development Corporation Limited (TAHDCO) was incorporated in 1974 under the Companies Act, 1956. The Government of Tamil Nadu and the Government of India contribute to the Share Capital of the Corporation. At present the Authorized Share Capital of the Corporation is Rs. 100 Cr and paid up share capital is Rs.95.12 Cr. The State Govt. and the Central Govt. contribute the share capital in the ratio of 51:49. TAHDCO is a ISO 9001 : 2008 Certified company
Though the Corporation was initially started as a Construction Company in 1974, the activities of the Corporation was extended to enable it to undertake a wide spectrum of economic development schemes for income generation, skill development training for Scheduled caste and Scheduled Tribes in the State.
Main Activities of the Corporation
- To implement economic development schemes for the Welfare of Scheduled Caste / ST in the State.
- To provide skill development training to youth belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes for job / self employment.
- To undertake construction activities entrusted by the Government.
- There are two functional wings in TAHDCO headed by the Managing Director.
- The development wing consisting of 32 offices in each district Head Quarters.
- The Construction wing consisting of 10 divisions and functioning at Chennai (2 Divisions), Villupuram, Vellore, Trichy, Madurai, Thirunelveli, Thanjavur, Salem and Coimbatore.
The Corporate Office and all District Manger’s offices & Division Offices of TAHDCO are connected through a customized integrated ERP solution.